I don’t know about you guys but I am psyched to get an education, woo. This year is a hella important year for me because if I don’t finish this school year with five As then I am a dead man walking, you get me? So this started off as a collection to help me get those fabulous As but I thought, what the hell? I’ll share this perfection with everyone else because sharing is caring. Anyways, down to the nitty gritty
001. CALEDONIA’S DECLASSIFIED SCHOOL SURVIVAL GUIDE
- advice for college
- how to survive in college
- how to survive freshmen year of high school
- college packing list
- alternative to buying expensive textbooks
- dorm room survival
- free online college courses
002. WRITE LIKE A FUCKING ANGEL
- the ultimate guide to writing
- how to write good
- how to write an essay
- how to write a good essay
- the five paragraph essay
- deadly sins checklist
- formatting your paper
- tips on getting started
- seven tips to become a better writer (stephen king)
- four ways to have confidence in your writing
- seven ways to speed up your writing
- five ways to add sparkle to your writing
- how to finish what you started: a five step plan for writers
- thirty-one ways to find inspiration for your writing
- tips for dealing with writer’s block
003. READING ISN’T ONLY FOR NERDS AND FANGIRLS
- how to take care of your books
- how to read shakespeare
- no fear shakespeare (i found this incredibly useful when studying macbeth!)
- one hundred most read books
- how to read difficult books
- how to read faster
- books made into movies
- books made into tv shows
- 350+ free ebooks
004. STUDY MOTHER FUCKER
- studying tips
- studying techniques
- how to pull an all-night and still have a successful exam result
- how to get motivated to study
- tips to help you concentrate
- time management tips
- chrome site blocker
005. LEARNING SHIT
- solve any maths equations: 1, 2.
- when your teacher says not to use wikipedia (an alternative)
- square root calculator, cube root calculator
- for when you can’t do your homework
- chemical equation balancer (what got me through chemistry last year)
- cliffnotes, sparknotes
- college courses
- how to: multiply big numbers
- crash courses (youtube)
- teaches you everything
006. PRESENTING YOUR BEAUTIFUL SCHOOL WORK AY
007. USEFUL WEBSITES BECAUSE THE INTERNET IS A WONDERFUL PLACE /SOMETIMES/
- TED (basically gods gift)
- challenge your brain
- feed the hungry and up your vocabulary game
- free online textbooks
- final grade calculator
- a whole page dedicated to studying and organising
008. MUSIC TO CALM DOWN UR SCHOOL DAY BLUES YO
- a really chill playist
- coffee shop blues
- coffee shop sounds
- calm nature sounds
- concentration/focus playlist
- relaxation is key
- four hours of classical music
- playlists to listen to: xxx, xxx, xxx, xxx, xxx, xxx, xxx, xxx, xxx, xxx, xxx, xxx.
009. ALL THIS STUDYING??? YOU NEED A BREAK, MY FRIEND.
- watch a cute ass dog lick your screen
- one hundred thousand stars
- movies masterpost
- foreign movies
- gay movies
- lesbian movies you should definitely watch
- broadway musicals
- LGBT+ books
- download free books
- read any book
- the best masterpost ever if you’re bored
010. TIPS FOR SCHOOL N STUFF BCUS I WANTED TEN BITS
- try your best. not everyone can get all As, and getting all As does not make you better than everyone else. just do the best you can and be the best person you can be.
- don’t sleep in class! i know it seems so so tempting but slept my way through geography last year and i got a C in my exam instead of the expected A so…
- Don’t tick off your teacher, follow the rules to an extent, get to class on time, respect your classmates and teachers. you know, just be a decent person.
- be positive!!! and not just for the first week or so, keep the positivity going throughout the whole school year. if you don’t believe in yourself then why should anyone else?
- "you can do it, wildcat, i believe in u" — something troy bolton said one time probably definitely
Jane: Every choice you make in your life, about everything, is monumentally wrong.
Brad: It’s funny because it’s sad.
put your hand to your head. it really helps sell the thing.
It’s made from a Rowan tree; it’s mountain ash wood.
There’s no hope.
I T ’ S T I M E - a fanmix for Chuck Season 6, i.e. songs that could’ve been on the S6 soundtrack had there been another season [listen here]
01. imagine dragons - it’s time / 02. radical face - ghost towns / 03. the lumineers - flowers in your hair / 04. blind pilot - things i cannot recall / 05. vance joy - riptide / 06. said the whale - a cold night close to the end / 07. the vaccines - if you wanna / 08. the paper kites - bloom / 09. american authors - best day of my life / 10. lord huron - ends of the earth / 11. radical face - welcome home / 12. james blunt - bonfire heart
i’m going through my closet and i have these 5 dresses that i’ve worn once or twice but don’t really suit me! so i thought i’d do a giveaway.
they’re all size L and they’re all from modcloth.com. the first bernie dexter one (with the sundaes) does not come with the belt!!!! sorry!!!
and i don’t really want to do postage for a bunch of places so it’s just one prize of 5 dresses (sorry if you only like 1 or 2 you have to take them all)
you gotta be following me :/ otherwise there might be too many notes and i’ll be like aaaaa how do i keep track!! but also pls don’t be that person who follows even though they hate my blog
reblog this post and comment with your username (the username that’s following me, not a side blog bc then i’ll go to check and i’ll be like oh they don’t follow me)
you have be ok with giving me your address & name so i can post it
i’ll do the winner like……… june 17? sorry that’s ages away but i have exams and probably wont be able to make it to the post office before then :|
ok cool thanks!
most of what i’ve learned in the first half of my twenties is
to embrace statistics i’m not smart enough to verify; the
ones about black holes and how much of the universe is just
empty space: between atoms and from one planet to another.
it makes it easier, to stare at my overcrowded sink and think
that to get from the floor of this filthy kitchen to the nearest
star would take more lifetimes than i could borrow or steal.
maybe there is a single withered raspberry molding beneath
every single plate i own but in the scheme of things that’s
insignificant, a non-event in the life of a non-event, and so can
wait until tomorrow, when this hangover is gone.
please, god, don’t let me die before i turn thirty. i’ve heard
that that’s when it all comes together, and i know those’re all
fish stories, probably, the lies of those who need to pretend just
like me, but hell, i choose to believe. because the thing is, god, if i
die tomorrow, a few years from now, i can pretty much guarantee
it’ll be in torn underpants, on a bad hair day, in a bra that doesn’t fit
the way i’d like it to; please, god, don’t let me die before i work out
how to drag myself out of bed in time to dry my hair every morning. i’ve
been promising myself for years i’d learn to get off the couch on monday
nights and do laundry, god, okay, i don’t mind living in dirty jeans but
i don’t want to die in them, i’m begging, i thank you, i’m sorry, amen.
basically all i want from s4 is that scott starts taking refuge in novels again? he starts rereading harry potter and bc he is scott mccall aka actual sunshine aka beacon hills high fave forever, everyone starts rereading harry potter and then the rest of the season is just filled with hp references
I finished another book so it’s time for another Blind Book Giveaway!
- You don’t need to be following me, I’m not doing this for followers I’m just doing this to share one of the many books that I love with someone else.
- I will ship internationally!
- Simply reblog this (as many times as you like) before April 8th!
- Please tag at least one post with ‘bookgiveaway’ so that I can go on your blog and actually see if you still have it up (If you win).
What the winner will receive all wrapped up in a cute little package!
- A book! (The one I just finished and really liked)
- A bookmark!
- Some tea!
So that’s it, simple as that! All you gotta do is reblog and cross your fingers!
all this fic and there are still never enough grumpy roommates aus